7 REASONS WHY WE ARE OBSESSED WITH AVOCADO OIL
We always hear of trending superfoods that cure the impossible. Among all the suggestions avocados have been noted to do wonders for our health, skin, and hair. When it comes to the avocado’s healing reputation, it is entirely warranted. Avocado oil is a thick and smooth absorbent oil extracted from avocado seeds and the botanical name of this oil is Persea Gratissima. Here are 7 reasons why we are obsessed with it.
1. Avocados are incredibly rich in nutrients, such as vitamin C, E K, B-6, riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and magnesium.
2. They contain phytochemicals that provide antioxidant protection for the eyes. They have also been shown to help with bone health and in the reduction of cancer.
3. Avocados contain folate, which have been shown to reduce the incidence of cancer.
4. This incredible oil is also a detoxifier, contains antimicrobial action and can prevent chronic diseases, along with many other benefits.
5. It can also reduce signs of aging and treats sun burns. Avocado oil promotes collagen synthesis in our skin and because of this it can alleviate and prevent certain skin conditions such as redness, wrinkles, irritation, eczema and even psoriasis.
6. Avocado oil has an abundance of omega-3 and oleic fatty acids. These, combined with all the vitamins and nutrients also contained in avocados, create a powerful moisturizer that is easily absorbed by skin.
7. The benefits of avocado oil do not stop there. It has the ability to prevent acne because it leaves the skin moisturized without leaving behind a heavy residue.
With all of these benefits it’s no wonder that avocados continue to find their place at the forefront of healthy movements. In formulating our skin products, avocado oil was a must because of its healing power. It can be found in our Argan Oil Infused Moisturizer and also our Heal and Softening Skin Butter.